It’s no secret that photography can be a tough business to crack into. Even if you manage to eventually monetize, how do you stay creative throughout the journey? I’ve been a full-time photographer for nearly 10 years now. It’s a delicate dance, and I couldn’t have done it without the people who believed in my work and encouraged me along the way.
This is something I would like to be able to provide to others.
With that, I’m announcing a third year of the Mentorship Program with Paul Zizka Photography. There is no money exchanged with this experience – just pure hands-on teaching and learning. The mentorship is ideal for someone looking to make the leap towards full-time, professional photography, and who wants a window into what it takes.
Program details and application info is below.
The program will be customized to the chosen candidate based on his or her skills, interests, and areas for improvement. Here are examples of the opportunities that may be possible during the Mentorship Program (depending on location of the mentee, and on Paul’s availability).
Opportunities may include:
- one-on-one time to chat about the business of photography or get feedback on a selection of images; a direct line to Paul for any questions about the business of photography
- a direct line to Paul for any questions about the business of photography-hands-on experience “in the field” on some workshops and corporate shoots
- hands-on experience “in the field” on some workshops and corporate shoots-time shadowing Paul while out shooting and in the editing room
- time shadowing Paul while out shooting and in the editing room
- The Mentorship Program will run August 1, 2017, through August 1, 2018, with the possibility of renewal thereafter.
- Hours will range widely depending on availability, location, etc.
To apply, please fill out this form and submit your answers no later than June 15, 2017.
*Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.