I have spent the better part of the past 15 years exploring the Canadian Rockies. This has amounted to countless days and nights seeing what’s around the bend, bushwhacking, walking up creeks, and following my nose. Originally, I didn’t explore with the purpose of sharing information. I simply enjoyed being curious in the mountains. Most of the time, the camera stayed in the bag, until I finally bought my first DSLR in 2007.
Over the years, I pulled the camera out more often, and eventually launched into photography as a profession. I also gathered a great deal of information, and thought it would be a shame not to make that information available to others so that they can enjoy and photograph some of those special places. After all, I find it immensely rewarding whenever I get to play a small part in getting people out exploring and connecting with their creative side.
So, after many months of work, I’m excited to announce this ebook:
Paul Zizka’s Guide to Photography in the Canadian Rockies
– Banff to Lake Louise Edition
Maximize your time and shoot like a local! In this 130-page opinionated guide, seasoned Rockies photographer Paul Zizka gives the inside scoop on 60+ locations between Banff and Lake Louise. Discover his top picks for subjects that are photogenic, inspiring and filled with creative potential.
* 60+ locations organized into regions:
- In and Around Banff Town
- Lake Minnewanka
- Bow Valley Parkway
- Banff to Lake Louise via HWY1
- Lake Louise and Area
- Year-round (four season) content with season-specific info for each location.
- All major day hikes between the Town of Banff and Lake Louise.
- The best spots to shoot aurora borealis, wildflowers and fall colours.
- Easy-to-use symbols to guide you through each location, as well as access to online map.
- Listing of resources, recommended books and apps for photographers.
- Printable Gear Checklist for Outdoor Photography.
- Suggested itineraries for 1 or 3 days in summer and winter.
© All contents copyright Paul Zizka and Meghan J. Ward, 2018.