It’s no secret that photography is a tough business to crack into. It was only in recent years that I was able to say goodbye to my “other” jobs and dedicate my time fully to my photography (and pay the bills with it!). It’s a tough journey, and I couldn’t have done it without the people who believed in my work and encouraged me along the way.
This is something I would like to be able to provide to others.
With that, I’m announcing a second year of the Mentorship Program with Paul Zizka Photography. There is no money exchanged with this experience – just pure hands-on teaching and learning. The mentorship is ideal for someone looking to make the leap towards full-time, professional photography, and who wants a window into what it takes.
The program will be customized to the chosen candidate based on his or her skills, interests, and areas for improvement. That being said, here are some of the opportunities you would have during the Mentorship Program:
- hands-on experience “in the field” on some workshops and corporate shoots
- on occasion, time shadowing Paul while out shooting and in the editing room
- one-on-one time to chat over coffee about the business of photography or whatever you like
feedback from Paul on your images
- Applicants must reside within 2-hour drive of Banff, Alberta.
- The Mentorship Program will run August 1, 2015, through August 1, 2016, with the possibility of renewal thereafter.
- Hours will range from a few hours each month to multi-day intensives while in the field on workshops (depending on candidate’s availability).
To apply, please fill out this form and submit your answers no later than July 15, 2015: Access the Form Here.
*Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.