We’re calling on all photographers to go beyond their limitations and boost their creativity with the #DitchComfort Photo Challenge!
What does that mean? Find a new angle of a common subject, experiment without inhibition, get wet and dirty, try a new genre – whatever it means to you to step out of your comfort zone as a photographer. Submit your #ditchcomfort photos for a chance to win a 1 hour photo critiquing session with Paul Zizka and a copy of Summits and Starlight: The Canadian Rockies!
Promote the contest with #ditchcomfort and @PaulZizkaPhoto (no bonus point for that – just fun!).
- Contest open: January 26, 2015, at 12:00 am MST – February 8, 2015, at 11:59pm MST.
- Winner and Special Mentions will be chosen by February 14, 2015.
- Landscape and outdoor adventure photos only, please, from anywhere in the world.
- All submissions must have been taken during the contest period.
- Up to 5 submitted photos allowed per photographer.
- Submit photos for web at 72 ppi (1200px long side is sufficient).
- Submit a short story (up to 100 words) with each photograph, describing how you got out of your comfort zone to capture it.
- Include your social media links, website link and contact info with your submissions.
- Email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. A Dropbox link or something similar is acceptable.
- Any submissions that are incomplete or that are submitted through any other channel will not be accepted.
- By submitting your images, you agree to have them posted on zizka.ca/blog and on the Paul Zizka Photography Facebook Page. They will not be used in any other way.
- Paul Zizka Photography reserves the right to make slight edits to stories for publishing purposes.
- All shortlisted and winning photographs and stories will be published on the Paul Zizka Photography Facebook Page, as well as on zizka.ca/blog (with credit/social media links).
- 1 Grand Prize photo and story (chosen by Paul Zizka) will win a 1-hour photo critique session with Paul Zizka (can be done through Skype or Google Hangouts), as well as a copy of Summits and Starlight: The Canadian Rockies.
- 3 Special Mentions (chosen by Paul Zizka) will win a copy of Summits & Starlight: The Canadian Rockies.